40 questions about 2005. (I left out 11-14 since didn’t fall in love with anyone)
1) Was 2005 a good year for you?
2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
-riding in the backseat of a convertible at night, top down, looking up at a million stars in the Big Sur, CA sky on the way back to Monterey.
-standing on top of our production van and watching Ted Leo perform at Operation Ceasefire.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
February 6, 2005 4:12pm
car accident with my 12 year old nephew in the car
4) Where were you when 2005 began?
5) Who were you with?
6) Where will you be when 2005 ends?
7) Who will you be with when 2005 ends?
not sure yet
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005?
I started off really well with going to the gym and eating healthy, but the car accident fucked it up royally.
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006?
I resolve to do what I want to do and what is best for me.
10) Did you fall in love in 2005?
no, I’m still waiting
15) Did you breakup with anyone in 2005?
16) Did you make any new friends in 2005?
yes, a few.
17) Who are your favorite new friends?
I don’t have favorites.
18) What was your favorite month of 2005?
19) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005?
yes, my first visit to Ireland with Laverne (who helped me get there)
20) How many different states did you travel to in 2005?
8 (but anytime I go home, I hit 4 of them. sometimes, five)
21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005?
22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
yes, lots of people
23) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005?
so far, it would have to be The Boys & Girl From County Clare which I saw at Filmfest DC this past Spring. A great Irish music film.
24) What was your favorite song from 2005?
oh wow, I couldn’t pick just one.
25) What was your favorite record from 2005?
I don’t participate in choosing these each year. It makes my head spin.
26) How many concerts did you see in 2005?
not as many as I wanted to…
27) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005?
it’s been a slow year, but The Bigger Lovers final show was BITTERSWEET good for sure
28) did you drink a lot of alchohol in 2005?
oh wow, I really have cut back a lot.
29) did you do a lot of drugs in 2005?
I take four prescriptions a day right now, does that count? otherwise, I usually just have alcohol as my “drug” of choice.
30) How many people did you sleep with in 2005?
none, well I did sleep in a bed one night with a Scotsman, but it was mostly sleeping….
I am literally blushing right now.
31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
a few things…but nothing major really.
33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005?
I haven’t been told much of anything
34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005?
I try to treat people the way I want to be treated, although it doesn’t always work out.
35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2005?
insurance companies, doctors who don’t care, people who forget I exist (or at least it feels that way)
36) How much money did you spend in 2005?
more than I should have.
37) What was your proudest moment of 2005?
having my annual review at work and being complimented instead of being stabbed in the back, and finally realizing my work is worth something.
38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005?
being examined in the emergency room after my car accident and realizing I had an old beat up bra on.
39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 and change something, what would it be?
to not get hit by the car that ran the stop sign that has practically fucked up my entire year.
40) What are your plans for 2006?
oh so many, but mainly I’d just like to be happy, healthy and see if I can find someone to share it with….