1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider? hot chocolate, I love Chocolate!
2. Turkey or Ham? either, but usually for Christmas it’s Ham
3. Do you get a Fake or Real Christmas tree? at my parent’s house it’s a fake tree, although we planted trees years ago and would pick fresh ones off our property since it was a tree nursery before they built the house on the land.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house? no, I usually have lights up in my room here in VA, and my Dad has put up lights outside on the house in NJ.
5. Snowball fights or sledding? snowball fights but sledding is cool too, used to sled down the hills off the garden state parkway between north and south bound lanes.
6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it’s warm? yes, and I wish we could use the fireplace in the house I live in now.
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? I don’t really like shopping in crowds.
8. Favorite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York and Everybody’s Waiting for the Man with The Bag (even though Macy’s is using it for their holiday marketing campaign now….)
9. How do you feel about Christmas movies? Christmas Story is by far the best.
10. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Before thanksgiving….anymore it gets started on HALLOWEEN!!! that’s too early
11. Stockings before or after presents? as a young kid we did those first, parents’ orders, as we got older they stopped the stockings.
12. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them? if any were to stop by and sing I would.
13. Go to someone elses house or they come to you? both
14. Do you read the Christmas Story? many variations of it.
15. What do you do after presents and dinner? after presents, usually play with the all the kids and their toys. after dinner, I used to hit McGuire’s in AC for a few pints, but now I either meet up with friends or just hang with the family.
16. What is your favorite holiday smell? evergreen trees, apple pie if mom is cooking
17. Ice skating or walking around the mall? ice skating as I tend to avoid malls anymore.
19. Favorite Part about winter? the cold gets to me after awhile
but I like that you have an excuse to stay in and wrap blankets around you and watch tv.
20.Favorite Christmas decor? lights. I love the lights!
21.Lights…colored or clear? all kinds, all colors, and clear too!
22. What is the best Christmas gift you ever received? the year my brother and his wife told me I didn’t have to pay them the rest of what I owed them for the used pickup truck they were selling to me
23. What is your favorite Christmas tradition in your family? we don’t do it anymore, because we all can’t fit in one house, but as a kid, we weren’t allowed downstairs until we sung a christmas carol at the top of the stairs!!
24. What is your least favorite thing about the holidays? getting sick and trying to see everyone.
25. What is the one thing that you would like to see under the tree this year? as an adult we don’t give many presents anymore, but what I’d really want is to know that all my debt is gone and I don’t have to deal with this stupid car accident bullshit anymore.
26. What is your favorite thing to do/build in the snow? snow forts (if the snow is deep) and snow people
27. What is your favorite holiday drink? don’t really have one.
28. Who is your favorite reindeer? rudolph (I identify with him)
29. What is your Christmas Eve ritual? church with the family to hear my Mom and Dad sing, but for many years, it was driving over to the Grites’ household to hang with Jer, his family, exchange our gifts, and listen to music!! usually the latest thing Jeremy recorded with whomever:Swivel Chairs, Marlin Spikes, solo stuff, and anything else he had on tap.
30. Are you a Friday after Thanksgiving shopper? after 8 years in retail HELL….absolutely NOT. I take great pride in no longer having to work on that day.
31. What is your favorite holiday food? apple pie
32. How did you find out that Santa wasn’t real? see earlier post or my other blog: wordtravelsfast.blogspot.com
33. Who do you want to be under the mistletoe with? I could name names but I’d get in trouble, plus, I’d rather it be completely random, like it should be.
34. Have you bought all your presents yet? I don’t buy a whole lot because there’s not much to buy with, but I have picked up a few items that I happened to think of while I had the opportunity.
35. Do you spend Christmas with a lot of family? immediate family, and that means a good number. immediate family, including Grandmother and Great Aunt is now at the robust figure of 16!!
36. Do you still make snowmen and snow angels? If there’s enough snow to do so and I have someone to help me, it’s not that fun playing in the snow alone!
38. What do you plan to do for New Year’s Eve? I’ve been invited to a party in philly and it’s easy for me, because I don’t have to worry about being on the road with the other crazy people.
39. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve gotten for Christmas?
when I was 15 I got a Flyers jersey, my brother’s old pickup was worth a few thousand at least….nothing major really.
40. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning? at the last possible moment, even as a kid I slept in mostly. now since the little kids will be at the house this year, I have a feeling it’s going to be a real early morning!!! but it will be fun to have the excitement again!
41. What do you usually get in your stocking? we don’t have them anymore, but it used to be candy, pistachios, fruit, socks, toothbrush, nail polish, you get the idea…
42. Who would you like to see this Christmas? I am hoping that I don’t get sick and can spend time with my family, Brenda, Joe and their three girls, and see some friends too.